Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Trial is Over and Thanks

The jury came back with a verdict this afternoon (Earlier than I expected). John Bloxham has been found guilty of 1st degree murder. The jury will meet tomorrow back in court to recommend a sentence to the judge. The actual sentencing, as I understand things, will take place in a few weeks and it will be given by the judge.

I thank all of the witnesses, law enforcement personnel (including the forensic people), and those in the Commonwealth's prosecutor's office who have worked and/or helped in bring out the truth and the circumstances of Todd's murder.

I thank the jury for their work in listening to both sides (prosecution and defense) and for making a decision, which I believe is the correct one. Being on a jury is a thankless duty where one is tasked to make an often times difficult and/or emotional decision, yet still based on fact, in my opinion. Of course I've never had the opportunity to be on a jury, so I really don't know what it is like. I can only speculate.

I thank those with the victims/witness assistance program in Fairfax County for the support they have given to my family and friends.

I thank the judge for being fair to all involved. Although I was not present for the trial, from what I have heard it was handled fairly.

And finally, I thank Todd for being a great brother, friend, and roommate. He is a good example of one who lived a Christ-like life. And he is missed.

No comments:

Regarding Comment(s)

To see existing comment(s), you have to go back to the very top of the post and click on the title of the post, which is underlined just below the date. (Bit of a pain, I know, but I'm not sure how to make it work otherwise.)

To make a new comment, click on the "# comments" link at the bottom of the post, immediately followed by "Posted by (name) at (time)." Or, after opening the existing comment(s), click on the link that says, "Post a comment."